October, Online Security Month
With the advent of social networking and e-commerce, more personal data is being communicated over the Internet which increases the risk of fraud. This is why every year in October, the Government of Canada launches a campaign to raise awareness regarding the importance of cybersecurity. Cybersecurity is a global issue, which is why Canada is working with its international allies such as Australia, the United States and the United Kingdom, to fight cybercrime.
Cybersecurity is a shared responsibility and everyone must do their part.What can you do to protect yourself and your computer against online threats?
- Change your passwords regularly
- Use a different password for each of your important accounts
- Keep backup copies of your documents
- Use antivirus software and update it regularly
- Use an anti-spyware software and update it regularly
- Install a firewall
- Protect your wireless network by using a password
What does Cogeco do to improve Cybersecurity ?
At Cogeco, customers online security is a priority, this is why we offer our Internet customers a complete suite of Security services.
Cogeco suite of security services includes:
- A firewall to prevent computer piracy
- A anti-phishing software to prevent theft of your personal information
- Blocking of unsafe websites
- Protection against identity theft
- Parental control to protect your children online
- Protection against spywares
Test your computer for viruses for free by clicking here to use our online virus scanner.
For more information about Cogeco Security Services, please click here.
For more information on cybersecurity and types of online threats, visit
Return to previous page