My Usage FAQ
How can I optimize my bandwidth usage?
Below are some tips to help you manage your bandwidth usage.
- Check whether there is file-sharing software, like Dropbox, installed on your computer. These programs can use enormous amounts of bandwidth.
- Make sure your chatting programs do not automatically accept file downloads.
- Restrict access to your computer to people you trust, by installing a password for example.
- Deactivate or limit file-sharing or printer-sharing.
- Update your operating system regularly.
- Consider downloading a firewall program to limit bandwidth traffic.
- Conduct a full analysis of your system with an anti-virus program; some malware can use a large proportion of your bandwidth.
You are responsible for your bandwidth usage. Please take note of our High Speed Internet Service Acceptable Use Policy. The policy includes important information about your service plan.