Skip menu

What do I do if I am a hacking victim?

What do I do if I am a hacking victim?

If you are a victim of hacking (an unknown person has accessed your computer over the Internet), follow these steps to correct the problem:

  • Get a firewall such as the one offered by Cogeco’s Security Services.
  • Once the firewall is installed, if someone attempts to access your computer without permission, you will be able to create a report about the computer attack. Send the report to
  • Cogeco will determine if the user is a client and will take corrective measures.


Was this information helpful?

Yes Somewhat No

Tell us how we can improve this information:

Highest Customer Satisfaction Award For Cogeco call centers

Learn More
Back to top
Check availability in your area

To verify which of our services are available in your area, please enter your house's civic number and postal code.