FAQ Receivers and Digital Video Recorders
Receivers and Digital Video Recorders
- How does my digital receiver work?
- What are the features and benefits of the Digital Video recorder (DVR)?
- What is the difference between a VCR and a Digital Video Recorder (DVR)?
- How many shows can I record at the same time with my HD/DVR?
- What will happen to my recorded shows when my Digital Video Recorder (DVR) hard disc is full?
- What happens to my Digital Video Recorder (DVR) recordings when the disc is full?
- Where can I find the Digital Video Recorder Reference Guide (DVR)?
- What models of digital receivers are available with my Cogeco service?
- Can Cogeco Cable or another company track what I record with my HD/DVR receiver?
- Can I still use my VCR/DVD player with the Digital Video Recorder (DVR)?
- How can I find programs that I want to record?
- Can I watch a show I recorded earlier while I record another show?
- What is the Setting PVR?
- How will I know when I run out of space on my Digital Video Recorder (DVR)?
- What does the DVR History function do?
- How can I watch an analog channel while recording another analog channel?
- Can I record a selected channel at a specific time instead of selecting a program from the guide?
- Can I transfer a PVR or DVR recorded program to a VHS tape or DVD recorder?
- How do I set up and record a entire TV series?
- How can I record a cable show while watching a digital channel?
- Why do some of my recordings show up as blocks instead of a clear picture?
Lights, Screens and Messages on the Receiver
- What is the yellow light flashing on my receiver?
- Why doesn't the menu/guide come up now that I have an HD/DVR receiver?
- What do I do if my digital receiver is frozen/ locked and I can't change the channels?
- What does the red light on my digital receiver mean?
- What do I do if my digital receiver shows 8888 on the display?
- What can I do when I get a “Not Authorized” message on my Cogeco Digital Receiver?
- What can I do when I get a “Feature Unavailable” message on my Cogeco Digital Receiver?