How do I record a digital program and watch an analog channel at the same time?
To record a digital program while watching an analog cable channel, the digital receiver must be set to the channel you wish to record while still in digital mode. After you have started recording, you may switch from digital to analog mode and turn to the channel you wish to watch.
To do this, please follow the steps below:
- Step 1: Go to TV mode by pressing the TV button
- Step 2: Press the BYPASS button, which is just below the 7 button.
- Step 3: Press VIDEO 1, VIDEO 2 or even VIDEO 3 on the remote, and
- Step 4: Begin recording the digital programme.
- Step 5: Choose the TV mode. (press the TV button)
At this point, you will be in analog mode, and the remote control will only control the TV. You may now tune in to the programme you would like to watch.
To go back to digital mode:
- Step 1: Press TV-BYPASS key again
- Step 2: Choose the digital video entry (1, 2 or 3) on the remote.
- Step 3: Press the cable CBL button
You will now be in digital mode, and your remote control will control the receiver.