To configure your static IP address (also called a “fixed IP address”), you need to:
- Have a Cogeco email address (which you were assigned when you subscribed to our service).
- Access your computer’s network settings.
- Select the static connection option using a fixed IP.
- Enter the information sent to you by email when you are asked to do so:
- The static IP address
- The subnet mask
- The default gateway
- The DNS servers 126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52
If you don’t know your static IP address or if you need help, contact technical support.