You can replace your standard-definition (SD) receiver in 3 easy-to-follow steps:
Step 1: Remove your old equipment
- Disconnect your existing receiver. Begin by unplugging the coaxial cable from the back of the receiver.
- Unplug the power supply from the electrical outlet and from the back of the receiver.
- Unplug the cables connecting the receiver to the TV.
Step 2: Connect your SD receiver
- Connect the coaxial cable from your wall to the CABLE/RF-IN input of your SD receiver.
- Connect the new power supply from the receiver to an active wall outlet.
- Connect the other supplied coaxial cable from the TO TV/VCR (RF-OUT) output of the digital receiver to the CABLE/RF-IN input of your TV. Alternatively, you can connect the RCA output of the digital receiver to the RCA input of your TV using your own RCA cable (not supplied by Cogeco).
- Note the name of the coaxial or RCA input on your TV that is connected to the digital receiver (e.g. VIDEO-1, TV/CABLE or ANTENNA). Input names may vary by TV. If required, check your TV manual for more information.
Step 3: Activate your digital receiver
- Press the INPUT or SOURCE button on your TV’s remote control ands elect the video input that connects your TV to the digital receiver (e.g. VIDEO-1, TV/CABLE or ANTENNA).
- After selecting the correct video input and setting your TV to channel 03 (if you’re using the coaxial cables), the receiver will automatically start the initialization process. This process could take up to 30 minutes to complete. Your receiver will shut down automatically following completion
- Turn your receiver on by pressing the CBL button followed by the PWR button on your Cogeco remote control.
- Select channel 206 using your Cogeco remote control. You will know that your receiver is activated when channel 206 programming is displayed on your TV screen.
If channel 206 is not displaying programming, disconnect then reconnect the power cord. If programming is still not being displayed, please contact technical support.
Good to know:
- The programming guide and menus will become available in the hour following activation.
- Cogeco On Demand will be available as soon as you can access the programming guide and menus.
- To access other devices (e.g. your DVD player), be sure to choose the correct INPUT or SOURCE button on your TV's remote control. To access your HD receiver, select the video input that corresponds to your connection.
- You can easily program your remote with your TV. Find out how to program your remote here.
- You may also change your channel selection through My Account. Visit cogeco.ca/myaccount for details.
Want more information? Visit our TV support section.