It’s easy to install your phone modem with the Self-Install Kit we sent you. The kit includes:
- Your new phone modem
- An Ethernet cable
- A coaxial cable
- A power cord
Step 1: Connect your new modem
- Place your new modem in a centralized space in your home for the best possible Wi-Fi coverage.
- Connect the coaxial cable provided from the wall outlet to the cable connector at the rear of your modem. Hand-tighten the connectors to avoid damaging them.
- Connect the power cord from the modem to an active wall power outlet. This will start the modem synchronization process.
- Connect a telephone wire from the base of your phone, and connect the other end of the wire to the jack on the back of the modem labelled Tel ½. If you subscribe to 2 telephone lines, you may attach a second telephone to the Line 2 phone jack.
Good to know: If you connect your modem to a power bar, ensure that the power bar is always switched on.
Step 2: Obtaining your phone number
Dial 21# from your Cogeco phone and a message will play that will provide you with your phone number.
Step 3: Get your Wi-Fi Credentials
Once all the modem’s lights are on, it's time to get your Wi-Fi credentials. There are 2 ways to do this:
- Using the Ethernet cable provided, you can connect your computer to your modem to register for My Account online.
- You can use your mobile device to register for My Account.
Once you have registered, follow the below instructions to obtain your Wi-Fi credentials.
- Log in to My Account.
- Select Internet.
- Select Wi-Fi Settings.
Step 4: Connect your wireless devices
You can now connect all your wireless devices. To learn how, refer to our Internet FAQs.