What you’ll find in your self-install kit
- EPICO 4K Cloud PVR
- EPICO remote with batteries
- Power cord
- HDMI cable
What you need before getting started
Your Cogeco Internet modem, already installed and functional.
- A My Account username and password. If you still need to create a My Account profile with Cogeco, visit cogeco.ca/myaccount.
- Google account login information (email address and password). Note: This is optional, but required for voice search and access to the Google Play Store.
- The network name and password of your Cogeco wireless home network.
- An EPICO remote control (supplied by Cogeco).
- An Android phone (optional).
Step 1—Plugging in your equipment
- Connect the EPICO 4K Cloud PVR and your TV with the HDMI cable.
- Connect the power cord and ensure that both the TV and the PVR are powered on.
- Set your TV to the HDMI input and follow the self-install instructions on the following pages.
Good to know: You’re EPICO 4K Cloud PVR can be physically connected to the Internet, off the Wi-Fi network, using an Ethernet cable.
Step 2—Set up your EPICO service
Now that your hardware is ready, it’s time to configure and sign in to EPICO for the first time, on your TV.
- Choose your preferred language.
- Pair your EPICO remote control with your PVR. Select PAIR and follow the on-screen instructions. Make sure to firmly press the OK and 2 buttons at the same time, and hold for a few seconds to complete the pairing.
- Connect your PVR to your Wi-Fi. This can be done in one of two ways:
- A. Sign in using your Android phone by selecting CONTINUE and following the on-screen instructions. Select SKIP if you don’t have an Android phone or if you don’t want to set up your EPICO service using your Android phone.
- B. If you don’t have an Android phone, select your Cogeco Wi-Fi network and log in with your username and password on your TV.
- If you have access to both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz Wi-Fi networks, we strongly recommend connecting to the 5Ghz network to ensure optimal performance of your EPICO service.
- Pair your EPICO remote control with your TV. This allows you to control your TV and the PVR with the same remote. Select BEGIN and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
- Select SKIP if you don’t want to pair your remote with your TV. You can set up your remote control later via the user interface: Settings > Android TV Settings > Remotes & accessories > choose your remote control > choose TV > AVR Control
- If required, use the buttons to adjust your screen to optimize the viewing area, then save and exit.
Step 3—Set up your profiles
This is where you’ll set up your Google services and sign into EPICO for the first time.
- Sign in using your Google email address. Note: If you used your Android phone during the previous step, you won’t see this screen.
- In order to use Google Assistant for voice commands and to access applications in the Google Play Store, you will need a Google account (see How to create a Google account below). You can always skip this step and sign up later, but until then, you won’t be able to search using your voice or download new applications.
- Accept the terms of service.
- You will be prompted to set up a variety of Google services: Location, Diagnostic information, Google Assistant, privacy and data sharing, etc.
- Choose a name for your TV. You can even personalize it.
- Cogeco has selected a few apps we think you might be interested in. You can choose to install them. The apps will be available under the Apps section in the EPICO main menu.
- Watch Google tutorials that walk you through the features.
- Press OK to bring up the keyboard, and sign in to the EPICO app with your Cogeco My Account username and password. You are now ready for epic entertainment. Happy viewing!
How to create a Google account
- Go to accounts.google.com.
- Select Create account.
- Complete the sign-up form.
- Choose your username and password.
Your Google account gives you the option to have a new Gmail address, as well as gives you access to cloud storage (Drive), Google apps, and—of course—all of EPICO’S great features.