To recover your guide/menu, please follow the steps bellow:
- Make sure your TV is on the right input (HDMI, Component, TV...).
- If the guide still does not appear on the screen once you are on the right input, unplug your receiver and wait 15 seconds. Plug the power back in and wait approximately 60 seconds. Turn the receiver back on. Wait 30 minutes before pressing on Guide and Menu so they download properly.
In some cases, if you are using an HD/DVR receiver on a standard TV and are using non-HD connections (coax or RCA cable), the menu and guide may not work without changing some settings on the receiver.
To do this, please follow the steps below:
- Step 1: Press POWER to turn off the receiver.
- Step 2: Press Menu/Settings a few times to bring up the User Settings screen.
- Step 3: Change the HDMI/YPbPR Output field to 480i.
- Step 4: Press POWER to close the menu and save the settings.
Note: If the User Settings screen won't come up on your TV either, it will appear on the display on the front of the receiver (only on the models RNG200N, TDC777D, DCT6416, DCT6200, DCT3080). Press the down arrow to get YPP Out and then the right arrow until you see 480i.