Find the answers to all of your questions about TiVo as well as support videos and helpful user guides
What can I do if my channels are having issues playing the audio, or the audio is completely missing?
Please check the following:
- Turn off the MUTE button.
- Raise the volume.
- Check the audio connections.
- Check the TV speakers or sound system connections and settings.
- Try resetting the receiver by disconnecting the AC power supply (at the wall) for 30 seconds, then re-plugging. The receiver will initiate a full reset.
Note: If you are using a stereo or surround-sound system, this should also be turned on and the volume and connections checked
This may also be caused by a special feature on stereo TVs and VCRs known as Secondary Audio Programming (SAP), Multichannel Television Sound (MTS) or AUD, and may need to be corrected through the TV or VCR as it is not a function of most Cogeco digital adapters or receivers. A function button or setting can be found on the remote control or through your on-screen menu.
Refer to your TV or VCR manual for more information, should the proposed action above not work.
If you are using our TiVo service and the above process has not resolved the issue, you can also check the Audio settings on the TiVo equipment by following these steps: 1. Press the TiVo button on the TiVo remote control. 2. Select Settings & Messages. 3. Select Settings. 4. Select Audio. 5. Select Audio Dolby. 5. Ensure that the option selected is the one compatible with your equipement.
If you are using a digital service other than TiVo, you can also try resetting your receiver by logging into your My Account page. From there, you can send a signal to your receiver to reset it.
- Log into My Account
- Select “My Devices” from the menu.
- Select the “Activate/Reactivate” button beside the receiver that is experiencing the issue.
- Read through and check off each of the checkboxes and then click Confirm.
If you are using TiVo service, you can also try resetting your receiver by following these steps:
- Press the TiVo button the TiVo remote control.
- Select Settings & Messages.
- Select Help.
- Select Restart or Reset.
- Select Restart the TiVo box. You will be prompted to confirm the decision, and it will take approximately 5 minutes for the box to restart.
If this does not help, please contact us for further troubleshooting.