General Questions FAQ
What are the operating systems supported to use Cogeco’s Security Services?
- Windows 10 32-bit and 64-bit: all editions*
- Windows 8.1 32-bit and 64-bit: all editions*
- Windows 8 32-bit and 64-bit: all editions*
- Windows 7 32-bit and 64-bit: all editions
- Windows Vista 32-bit and 64-bit: all editions; Service Pack 2 or newer
- Windows XP 32-bit: Home, Professional and Media Center editions; Service Pack 3 or newer
* Does not support ARM-based tablets
- OS X version 10.11 "El Capitan"
- OS X version 10.10 "Yosemite"
- Mac OS X version 10.9 "Mavericks"
- Mac OS X version 10.8 "Mountain Lion"
Installing Cogeco’s Security Services on a computer that does not meet the minimum requirement can take longer than expected, may cause an overall decrease in performance, occasional system outages, or data loss and can even prevent from installing the service on your equipment. If your computer stops responding during the installation, your computer may not be protected during the time it takes to uninstall and reinstall the program.