New i-Guide HD FAQ
What’s new about i-Guide HD?
With i-Guide HD, you’ll enjoy a sleek, new, high-resolution user interface.
- You can access i-Guide HD in the same way you accessed your previous on-screen guide. Just press the MENU or GUIDE button on your remote. This will open i-Guide HD to either the MENU or GUIDE screen, depending on which button you pressed. On those screens, you’ll be presented with the options you’re used to, but in an updated design.
- Despite its new look, i-Guide HD has a similar layout to your old on-screen guide. You will also find that categories are identified with the same colours you’re used to, and menu items can be found in the same places as before.
- There are now 7 channels in view on the TV listings grid (rather than 4).
- The colours used to indicate genres in the TV listings grid remain the same: purple for Movies, blue for Kids, and green for Sports. However, you’ll now see vertical colour bars on the left side of the grid cells instead of the full cell colouring you’re used to.
- i-Guide HD was created for HD TVs (16:9 format), but also works on standard-definition TVs (4:3 format).
- You can access your personal settings, which include your scheduled recordings, PINs and parental controls, in the same places as with your previous on-screen guide. Rest assured that all your personal settings will be retained and carried over to i-Guide HD.
- There are no new remote-control functions to learn.
Please note you cannot change the number of programming boxes or the font size within the new i-Guide HD.