DVR Recording FAQ
Can I watch a show I recorded earlier while I record another show?
With the dual tuner receivers (RNG200N, TDC777D and DCT6416) you can even watch a previously recorded program while recording two others. With TiVo, you can now watch a previously recorded program while recording six others. To learn more about TiVo, click here.
Recording two programs at once: The Dual Tuner DVR allows you to set recordings for two different programs that air at the same time. While recording these two programs, you can watch and control either program, in the way that you would on live TV, by using the SWAP button on your remote.
There are several ways to record two programs at once. Here are two basic examples:
While watching a program currently being shown, please follow the steps below:
- Step 1: Press REC to record the program you are watching.
- Step 2: Press SWAP to switch to the other tuner and find the second program you would like to record.
- Step 3: Press REC when you locate the second program you would like to record.
From the Guide, please follow the steps below:
- Step 1: Press Guide once.
- Step 2: Highlight (in yellow) a program you want to record from the listings screen.
- Step 3: Press REC to set up the first recording.
- Step 4: Highlight the second program.
- Step 5: Press REC to set up the second recording.