Security Services FAQ
- Does Cogeco offer a security or anti-virus program?
- How do Cogeco Security Services protect me against attempts to access my computer and my personal data by ill-intentioned people?
- What are the operating systems supported to use Cogeco’s Security Services?
- Do the anti-virus and automatically update so that my computer is always protected against the most recent threats?
- Can I install Cogeco’s Security Services on more than one computer?
- Can I install Cogeco’s Security Services on a server?
- Do I need an Internet connection to install the software?
- Do Cogeco’s Security Services have an expiration date?
- What languages are Cogeco’s Security Services available in?
- Can I be reimbursed for my old anti-virus software when I download Cogeco’s Security Services?
- What do I do if a red 'X' appears above the security icon and there is an error message that says, 'Spam control: Malfunction?
- Are Cogeco’s Security Services compatible with other anti-spyware products?
- Are Cogeco’s Wireless Modems secure?
- Why are Cogeco Security Services on my Mac not in the language I would like?
- What is the Mobile Broadband feature in Cogeco Security Services?
- How do I uninstall my Cogeco Security Services?
- How do I download and install Cogeco Security Services?
- Do I need to prepare my computer to install Cogeco’s Security Services?
Online Virus Scanner
- I am having trouble with the Cogeco Online Virus Scanner, where can I get help?
- Can Cogeco’s Online Scanner be used to repair my infected computer?
- Is Cogeco’s Online Scanner enough to protect my computer?
- What do I do if Cogeco’s Online Scanner detects a virus on my computer?
- Can Cogeco’s Online Scanner scan all the files on my computer?
- Does Cogeco’s Online Scanner work on all computers?
- What operating systems are compatible with Cogeco's Online Scanner?
Viruses, spam and phishing
- What is a computer virus?
- What is spyware?
- What is Malware?
- What are phishing emails and how can I protect myself against them?
- How did my computer get infected?
- What damage can a virus do to my computer?
- How can I protect my computer from hackers and viruses?
- Why do I need anti-spam software?
- What is a firewall used for?
- Why do I need both anti-virus software and a firewall?
- Are compressed attachments (.zip) in an email scanned for viruses?
- Are pop-up surveys from Cogeco legitimate?