Parental Controls FAQ
How can I activate parental control?
Parental Controls provide parents with automated tools to help protect their children and set restrictions for using the television. The Parental Control features allow you to restrict viewing and purchases of TV programs and services based on your preferences. It is, among others, possible to block adult content. You can also use Parental Controls on DVR recordings.
Set up and change your Parental Control Personal Identification Number (PIN) and Purchase PIN. Locks can be set quickly in a variety of ways and at any time while watching television or using the guide.
To create a parental code:
- Step 1: Press on Menu twice
- Step 2: Select Parental Controls.
- Step 3: Create a PIN of four numbers.
- Step 4: If you want to put a Purchase PIN, select PINs Setup.
- Step 5: Create a Purchase PIN of four numbers.
Note: If you want, your Parental PIN and Purchase PIN can be identical.
Once you have set up your Personal Identification Number (PIN), you can return to Parental Controls Setup to set up your program locks.
To lock out the current channel:
- Step 1: Press on Menu once to open the Quick Menu.
- Step 2: Select the Lock icon.
Important: If you want to lock all your receivers, you must repeat these steps on each of your devices individually.